The existing ornate Grade II listed building, originally a coach-house and stables building c.1895, with moulded floral motifs, platband brickwork, pigeon holed gables and corbelled projections, was almost invisible behind a series of later workshop outbuildings.
This project involved the sensitive refurbishment of the existing building envelope, including structural stabilisation, repairs to the brickwork, original machine tile roof, and upgrading of the of original fenestration.
The setting of the building was opened up by removal of the later ancillary buildings obscuring the frontage, to allow the intricate brick facade to be fully appreciated. The building is set back from the narrow road of All Saints Green with the introduction of a new ‘pocket park’ public space on the street.
The internal layout of the building is to be simplified allowing flexibility of use, ensuring the log term future of the building.
The building houses a Cafe and Yoga studio.